Subject: NAB/NLE
From: Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:02:30 -0800

For those of you lucky enough to get to NAB, you really want to take time 
to look at the DRACO stuff on display....the development of this box is 
phenomenal, and I think it is safe to say a visit will be an eye-opener.

You should be able to get a first look at the new 32 bit VLM running in a 
Draco - can you say uncompressed digital video? How about composite, Y/C, 
YUV, and DVC/Firewire.  How about onboard 16 bit sound with XLR connectors?
Multiple- multitrack timelines, hardware based effects?  How about their 
own HD array solution, currently doing upwards of 10 megs/sec.

Still not impressed....how about a Pentium on a card, and an Alpha 
co-pro? (Don't know if these will be displayed).  Not to mention 060, 
SCSI2, and the Amiga OS, plus an upcoming version of ShapeShifter - most 
of the good Amiga and Mac software, side by side with Windows (sigh).

What's driving me nuts is that those of you with old A2000's can get most 
of this into your boxes with the Paladin card long before I'll be able to 
add it to my A4000 VLM system :(

We're talking a world class animators dreambox here at around $10k before 
the Pentium and Alpha goodies.

Regards,
steve.

	Steve Bowie [email-masked] 
	North York, Ontario, Canada
    <<If I'm using this address, you gotta
	  KNOW my reg. ISP is down>>